Menu

Singapore Math Options - Textbook and Esingapore

Ting Tang

I'm trying to decide between Primary 2022 and Dimensions, should I go the textbook route.  

Then I must decide between the home instructor's guides and the teacher's guides.

I read Dimensions has more review built in, but it also has a lot of activities to sort through (I have four kids, let's be realistic, lol).  I also read this was developed in the US, not Singapore, unlike Primary.

Then I found Esingapore, which would be a resource or an entire curriculum.  I'm not sure I would want to do a math curriculum entirely online, but it's $129/year for ALL grades.

Oh I read some bad reviews on FB for Singapore, as in people having trouble getting materials from that site. 

I feel like you cannot go wrong with either, but again, I have four kids.   I wondered if one would be easier for me than the other?

For primary get the home instructor's guide. The teacher's guides are geared for classroom setting so a lot of the activities and things are geared for having a lot of kids. I think Dimensions only has regular teacher's guide.

You don't have to buy the Singapore math books from the Singapore math site. Rainbow Resources and Amazon also sell them. Minus shipping fees difference and stuff the cost is the same. Although sometimes Rainbow Resources have a bargain copy, then it's cheaper (I guess these are from returns or something). 

7 minutes ago, Clarita said:

For primary get the home instructor's guide. The teacher's guides are geared for classroom setting so a lot of the activities and things are geared for having a lot of kids. I think Dimensions only has regular teacher's guide.

You don't have to buy the Singapore math books from the Singapore math site. Rainbow Resources and Amazon also sell them. Minus shipping fees difference and stuff the cost is the same. Although sometimes Rainbow Resources have a bargain copy, then it's cheaper (I guess these are from returns or something). 

Thank you! Yep, Dimensions only has HIGs through 3A so far.  I hope none of them are too overwhelming. The E-Singapore looks pretty neat to me, too, but I am afraid to go strictly online for math.