Menu

Elemental Science - Biology for the Grammar Stage

TJWinMA

Hello,

In planning our curriculum for next year, I originally had thought we wouldn't use a set science curriculum, but would instead put something together as outlined in The Well-Trained Mind.  I'm now having second thoughts.  I came across Paige Hudson's Biology for the Grammar Stage (Elemental Science), which appears to closely follow what is outlined in TWTM, and might offer a bit more structure to guide us. 

If you have used Biology for the Grammar Stage, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

I have used elemental science for grammar for the past four years. I started for the same reason as you, that it followed our four year cycle of history. I like that it's open and go, fairly short, and covers all the subjects systematically. Younger students might get frustrated at the writing parts, so I started doing that orally through discussion. However, I'm planning to switch to something with a Christian world view, and won't be using this again. I'll be looking at Berean Builders.

• Like 1