Menu

IMACS Online or Beast Academy Online for Math/Math Enrichment?

Pakira

Hi all,

Currently my 5th grade child is enrolled in the online IMACS Math enrichment program. From what I've seen its basically a lot of logic puzzles and Venn diagrams. He seems to be doing okay but he's new to the program and many of the fellow students have done this for years causing frustration for him. It's also fairly expensive.

I've read lots of good reviews about Beast Academy and am wondering if I should give that a shot after this program ends. Can anyone compare the two experiences? Obviously I like that the IMACS program involves social interaction but not sure if he'd gain any more than a purely online program.

Thanks in advance!

• Pakira changed the title to IMACS Online or Beast Academy Online for Math/Math Enrichment?

My kid is using Beast but I've no experience with the other one. It's set up to be a main curricula rather than just enrichment, but you can unlock chapters in the parent portal rather than making him earn them with enough stars in the previous chapters. And there is a puzzle section that includes more of what you described getting in IMACS.