Menu

Hello, test posting from NJ

Hello All,

Just wanted to put my big toe in... I'm here because I found Susan Wise Bauer's book at our local library, as I was researching homeschooling. I am here to find more about curriculum, methods and homeschool groups, learning co-ops, or homeschool pods, I'm finding there are many names for groups of people who have decided to homeschool their children. 

I have three children, one who is about to graduate high school from public education. The other two are 10 and 1. 

I am hoping to find a group of people who I can meet with and expose my children to for their expertise about professional fields, or for interaction and fun between children. 

I was a high school biology and science teacher for a few years. I am disabled with Lyme ME/CFS. My husband has taken on the role of sole financial provider, and I am homemaker/main child rearer. It's what works for us in an ever-evolving dynamic that is our life. I am accepting of all lifestyles and roles however I do have bias being a Christian that believes that the Scripture is the inerrant word of God, I am a sinner and I am uncomfortable with sin, so as much as I can accept and love you as a fellow human I do. I believe it is proper to make judgement calls to promote sanctity of life first and foremost, especially with regard to children. Those are my biases. I love to have socratic type conversations. I am an agitator and a conscientious objector to the methods of teaching science in the public school classroom, which is part of my decision to homeschool my children. I think intelligent design is worth another look, I think there are flaws in the field of evolutionary biology or what I've heard called "neo-darwinism", that should be addressed in order to pursue science in a non-violent and an intellligent way. 

I believe nonviolent liberal conversations are the best way to promote freedom and liberty.  I love to debate. 

I hope you have a wonderful day!