Menu

Timeline for Story of the World

I would like to buy printable timeline figures to use with Story of the World this year.  I was just about to purchase Homeschool in the Woods comprehensive pack with the whole collection when I realized she has a young earth view which is different than my beliefs.  I'm wondering if I skip the first few figures, would the rest of the set line up with Story of the World or will I have to cross check all the dates? (I'm not all that familiar with the beliefs of young earth people).  Is there a comparable secular or old-earth version available anywhere? 

Thanks in advance :) 

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but Pandia Press has a history timeline that's secular and should work well with SOTW. I personally use this one because my kiddos are younger and it's nice and colorful but a lot more simple. It also has a nature timeline that goes over dinossaus and the big bang and evolution timelines if that's something you want to teach as well 

I believe her timeline figures should work fine.  There might be one or two minor discrepancies for something like the length of the Old Egypt kingdom or something, but just place the figure where it belongs and if they come with dates, just cut those off (can't remember off the top of my head, but I do have the CD around here somewhere).  

There's only a chapter or two of SOTW1 that cover pre-history, so you shouldn't really find any date discrepancies between the various Old/New Earthers.  If you want to go further back to the dawn of homo sapiens, you'll have to just google and find your own images, which can be fun in and of itself.