Menu

Elementary Math Advanced Guidance- Help

Vee25

Hello All,

My daughter is 9/ Grade 4 and she does mental math (Abacus). She has always been very good at Math. Her school is more arts oriented and they dont focus or guide whole lot in Math. They have NJ math league contests every year which she was invited last year  to participate for grade 4( she was grade 3). She scored the highest in her school.  Now this is where I need your expert advice. What else can I do with her besides  the mental math she is learning? I dont think her school will participate in anything other than Math Leaque that they are already doing. Any programs/ books / course of path that you could guide me , would really appreciate. I want to make sure I give her the right opportunities fitting her aptitude.

Thank you so much

Beast Academy is a full curriculum, but quite a bit different than most math programs, and I’ve known of a lot of people who use it with their kids after school. It’s in depth, and uses a lot of puzzle-type problems.

You could see if anywhere near you offers the Math Kangaroo test. It’s another annual math contest.

You can purchase the Math Olympiad (MOEMS) contest books. These are collections of their older contests. They have full solutions in the back.

Hard Math series by Glen Ellison is quite good with a solution manual. The elementary has a published solutions manual. The middle school solutions are 2/3 completed online.