Menu

like Mathematical Reasoning?

alisha

We've been doing Math Lessons for a Living Education for about a year now with my 4th grader. For various reasons, I'm researching new options for him. He's great at math, picks it up quickly and understands it fine (though still complains about having to do it). Some of those reasons being it moves too slow for him and the stories have nothing to do with the following worksheets (like it's advertised). It does have about the right amount of problems per day for him, the problem is, I feel like we go weeks with nothing new taught, but doing the same thing over and over again.

I really like mathematical reasoning, and have used it in the past, but mostly for a supplement. I always thought it wouldn't work for us as the main math curriculum, but I'm seriously considering it now. However, there are a few things I didn't like about it previously, one being all the concepts were grouped and unrelated (Granted, that was a younger grade level-probably 1st, but that's what stuck with me.)

Do you know of anything more like Mathematical Reasoning, but not puzzles?

Thanks!