Menu

Research Notebooking

alisha

Hello, I have never done notebooking before, but have recently found out about research notebooking (as opposed to notebooking what you just learned?). For instance, I have "History of Inventions Notebooking" which gives an invention, say the airplane, and asks questions that the child researches to find out, such as who invented it, but also questions like what prior inventions did the inventors use in their work or how did the original invention work.

Since I've never done this type of thing with my kids, (an upcoming 7th and 4th grader), I'm not sure how to direct them in their researching. Those of you who have done this sort of thing before: Do you use internet or library books? How do you deal with not having to comb through too much information in order to find the info you're looking for because that would probably de-motivate my boys and make it drugery? Do you direct their research at all? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!