Menu

Anyone able to comment on a Taurus X 2008?

We are close to trading in our van for this car. I am a little hesitant because I thought the Taurus transmission felt funky yesterday; dh drove it and said it was fine. However, I googled and sure enough, there were several complaints exactly like mine. But, the complaints were ALL on one complaint forum. I would imagine I could google any make and model and come up with similar complaints.

Any "real life" experience with these vehicles? We're looking at an all wheel drive, SEL edition.

Oh, and also, if you know of good websites that give unbiased reviews, or websites that track known problems with cars, that would be great, too.

I've owned Ford, Dodge, and Jeep cars/suvs/minivans. I will never, ever own another American made car as long as the quality stays where it's at.

I've owned 3 Toyota's and I have never once had a single issue with any of them. I have a Toyota suv right now coming up on 100,000 miles and it still drives like new. No problems.

I've always been very consistent about oil changes and mileage services with all of my cars, but the American made models I owned had many issues (including a fire hazard from windshield wipers with my Ford model). I will not own another American made model until the quality matches or surpasses those of Toyota and Honda.

Consumer Reports (www.consumerreports.org) is a great website for getting unbiased views on makes/models.