Menu

How much of Geometry is it OK to cut out and still give full credit?

My dd has done very well slogging through Geometry on her own this year.  She actually likes the actual subject, but just doing it on her own has been a bit lonely.  She has completed up to CHapter 11 in Teaching Textbooks, and I know she needs to complete Chapter 12 which includes basic Trigonometry.  

Chapters 13, 14 and 15 seems to cover:

13:  Areas of the rectangle and triangles and how to view one within and while thinking about the other to derive area

14: Prisms, Pyramids, Cylinders and Cones

15: Seems to be merging Geometry with Algebra 2 as it relates to slope/intercept formula (I know she doesn't need this chapter as she did a ton of this at Mathnasium.)

She is going back to Mathnasium for the remainder of her high school career so she WILL cover these topics.  But I am very careful with my records, and will be printing off her grades from Teaching Textbooks and so obviously at whatever lesson she doesn't cover, I will need to cross out in the syllabus and include an explanation, for my records.  

I feel like chapter 13 is superfluous as it's kind of obvious.  Some of Chapter 14 is not required by my own state's Geometry curriculum. The parts that are, are at the very end of the state curriculum standards. 

And Chapter 15 is really introducing Algebra 2.  ....I know she can skip that....