Menu

What to use for propositional logic OTHER than Intermediate Logic

I want to make sure I don't overlap training with my dds going into 9th grade next year. 

Fallacy Detective/Thinking Toolbox - 6th grade
Introductory Logic (Nance) - 7th grade
Intermediate Logic (Nance) - 8th grade (working through this VERY slowly as it's not clicking very well)

Since Int. Logic is so difficult to "get" even with the DVDs Nance has (I myself am really struggling to understand since we started using Rules of Replacement & Inference - it's like we all hit a huge brick wall and we were going along quite well before that). We're on Lesson 21. Is there another propositional argument logic program we could perhaps switch to that explains this better? My girls really want to try the AoA, Argument Builder, and DoD by CAP because it looks more "language-based" but I don't know how much overlap they will experience and if the CAP materials will be too "young" going into 9th grade. Would rather not waste any time if we can avoid that. Wondering if we could just skip propositional logic for now and start focusing on rhetoric but perhaps with a little more training in argumentation than we've had thus far?

We are likely NOT headed into STEM fields for these dds, but I have a dd and ds who likely WILL head into STEM and I want to make sure I give them the propositional logic training since I have seen they will need this in mathematics fields.

Recommendations welcomed!