Menu

Scheduling GWTM

lgliser

I'm so excited to use it this year (6th grade). With FLL I think we did it 3, maybe sometimes 4 times a week, and had no problems getting through the whole book.

Is GWTM supposed to be done 4 days a week? We have a co op one day so we do our own school 4 days a week, but as I'm making out lessons plans, I don't see how we are gong to get through the book. It looks like some of the weeks are review only, and some of them look like they could take a whole week to do for sure.

We do school mid-Aug through mid-May with things like Christmas and Spring break, etc. 

Any tips on how to get through this in a year? I see the book says it's ok if you don't get through it all, especially in the first year, but I'd prefer to if we can!

We may be wimps, but Dd doesn't do a whole lesson in one day. We do the instruction portion one day and the exercises another, unless there's a very, very short exercise section. It was taking up too much time when she did both. 

We started last fall for 5th grade, though. A 6th grader might go faster. It will take us a full calendar year to finish the first book, I think, and we go year-round. 

• 2 weeks later...