Menu

MFW + TGTB LA... too much??

Linz1084

Planning my 2nd grade year.  I am feeling fairly sold (at the moment) on the MFW Adventures program and loving the history cycle that happens after that.  Many things I like about the CM/classical-ness of MFW and the fact that I don't have to plan certain things but still have freedom with the book basket, etc.  

For LA we currently do a mix of ETC and ELTL and I See Sam readers.

But The Good and the Beautiful LA just caught my eye, and it seems that it could almost take the place of all of these things.  But I do NOT want to over-do our curriculum at all. Would it be too much to be doing MFW Adventures AND TGTB LA?  Does anyone have experience with both of these programs?  Or TGTB and any other program and if it felt like it was too much or didn't blend well, etc.?  

I'm not interested in any other programs by TGTB, except maybe handwriting.  I would love some feedback on this blend.

I love MFW Adventures and the history cycle that follows. I don't have any experience with TGTB.

Yes, it is easy to add your own language arts program to mfw. You would simply ignore some of mfw's l.a. suggestions; they are sold separately anyway (this mainly applies to years in the blue investigate cycle). The program is not too demanding of time. So your idea sounds great!