Menu

Open Tent Academy - Excellent!

LAR

I simply had to share our first semester experience with Open Tent Academy. In one word . . . excellent.   DD14 is taking 20th century wars; lights camera action; and art history.  She will also take deaf cultures next semester.  DD12 is taking powerful paragraphs and will be taking study skills next semester.  We've had an extremely positive experience and rewarding first semester for 9th and 7th grades.  All classes offer a live component which our girls prefer.  Every teacher was engaging, responsive and provided detailed feedback on assignments.  Assignments were graded on a timely basis too.  Perhaps most important to me is the fact that I received prompt responses to my emails and questions . . . even with several teachers being based in Israel!  The time difference was unnoticeable to me. 

DD14 has a new found passion for history, a greater appreciate for art history, and dare I say....I love for writing....eh, well, not exactly a  love. But let's say, a comfort level I've never seen from her before. Ms Eva's style resonated with DD and made those five paragraph essays attainable.   DD12, who loves to write but resists editing is finally realizing that her first draft is certainly not her best effort, and that with more time and due diligence, her grade and positive feedback increases. 

Overall, I highly recommend OTA.   

• Like 3