Menu

Voyages in English for 3rd grade

Jame

We did FLL and Daily 6 Trait Writing for writing and grammar in 2nd gradeand I'm thinking of switching it up. I've been trying to find reviews for VIE, but can't find many. Has anyone used this? What did you think? 

Thank you!

I haven;t used 3 on up but I do know the writing lessons (half the book) do not build expository writing skills and should be skipped/replaced (paraphrasing SWB here). It is the typical b7m school things but if that is what you want, go for it! To me it is just too expensive to be sing only half the book.

If FLL is working fine, I'd say stick with it. It pays off. Have you looked at R&S? WAY less money than VIE and the writing exercises are good, too. 

I haven;t used 3 on up but I do know the writing lessons (half the book) do not build expository writing skills and should be skipped/replaced (paraphrasing SWB here). It is the typical b7m school things but if that is what you want, go for it! To me it is just too expensive to be sing only half the book.

If FLL is working fine, I'd say stick with it. It pays off. Have you looked at R&S? WAY less money than VIE and the writing exercises are good, too. 

Thank you so much for your reply!! I've been searching and am seriously considering Writeshop along with Easy Grammar. I thought it would be nice to have the grammar and writing together, but I'm thinking that may not be a good idea. I have most everything figured out and need to order this soon, but the writing/grammar has me a bit stumped.

Again, thank you so much for your reply.