Menu

High School plan - Goal is to set my daughter up for zero limitations.

In my opinion, your current goal of having "zero limitations" with regard to college acceptances is not obtainable for the simple reason that different schools value different things.

I would think about coming up with a high school plan that centers around your daughter's interests, both in and outside the classroom. When it comes time for college applications, she can then select those schools that align with her interests, and those schools will be more likely to accept her because she will have demonstrated that she is a good fit for them.

Yep. The preparation for Rhode Island School of Design versus Wharton versus MIT would all be different. In addition, kids are all different and it is unfair to expect them to be outstanding in all areas. Finally, even once you meet the academic requirements, some reach schools are still reaches for everyone. There is no set of courses that will ensure admission to any school, and then the need for financial aid can put other schools out of reach even when you are academically qualified.

• Like 6