Menu

Opinions on Truth Quest?

koko

I'm a veteran homeschooler, having used mostly TOG for my kids, although we have used SL as well. What are your opinions on Truth Quest? This coming year I will have a 12th grade ds for whom I want to design a British Lit course (not satisfied with what my in-a-box options are), and an 8th grade ds with severe learning difficulties (specific auditory processing disability and short term memory deficits most prominent challenges). Thank you in advance!

I should note that after using SL for a few years, I have been planning on going back to TOG this fall. I feel it's a more complete fit for us, though we don't do the hands-on activities. And if it takes 8th grade ds two years to get through a year-plan, that's fine; we've learned that he does best at his own pace, so I quit scheduling last year 😂. I wouldn't do TOG at full speed. I have just been reading around and saw TQ, wonder if that might be a consideration as well.