Menu

In an effort to motivate myself, I bet my children $5

that I could drink more water in a day. Oh dear!

My sons are in the kitchen downing water yelling, "for the money!"

Actually I challenged my eldest yesterday and I won. After a good deal of trash talking we put money into the mix.

It has certainly worked. I haven't been this hydrated in weeks.

Since I've posted before about bribing my children with frostys, you may form an innacurate picture of me.:D It does seem to add some oompf to the day!

I thought I'd share this for the weight loss/control participants on the board. Whatever works, eh?

Jo

yeah, just be careful not to overdo it

Drinking water is great, but too much of a good thing can be, well, too much. It's interesting to me that our society is so focused on drinking lots of water as a means of staying healthy/losing weight, because that's not the norm in many places where people are perfectly fit.

Drinking water is great, but too much of a good thing can be, well, too much. It's interesting to me that our society is so focused on drinking lots of water as a means of staying healthy/losing weight, because that's not the norm in many places where people are perfectly fit.

I rarely, if ever get 8 glasses a day. Usually I forget water all together until the kids are in bed at night. NOT good for a nursing mother in hot steamy Hawaii. :D My water ambitions are pretty low. I just want to have a full glass or two before lunch.

My kid's goals are to beat me.:D

I know you can drink too much water. I think I'm safe. But thanks for the warning.

Jo