Menu

Is there a way to customize Khan Academy?

What I love most about Prodigy is that I can choose specific skills for my students to work on.  But their assignment page is still a pain to navigate...content can be difficult to locate.  

I plan on having my kiddos work on Khan Academy twice a week, alternating with Prodigy on the other two days.  I'd like to be able to set up specific content for each student.  For example, my son will work through 5th grade review, but I specifically want to throw in extra geometry, ratios, and rates.  I want him to see those skills mixed in with the 5th grade stuff, but at a more frequent rate than it likely already is.  

I can't see any way to do this?  

What I love most about Prodigy is that I can choose specific skills for my students to work on. But their assignment page is still a pain to navigate...content can be difficult to locate.

I plan on having my kiddos work on Khan Academy twice a week, alternating with Prodigy on the other two days. I'd like to be able to set up specific content for each student. For example, my son will work through 5th grade review, but I specifically want to throw in extra geometry, ratios, and rates. I want him to see those skills mixed in with the 5th grade stuff, but at a more frequent rate than it likely already is.

I can't see any way to do this?

I haven't done this in a while, but previously I had to set myself up as a "Coach" (I think that's what they call it) and then I could assign specific skills for dd to work on rather than just the typical grade order it does for students. I never figured out how to do that from my parent account. Until I figured out the coach thing I just looked up individual skills and pasted them into OneNote for her to check off as daily assignments. It was time consuming but it worked.

I haven't done this in a while, but previously I had to set myself up as a "Coach" (I think that's what they call it) and then I could assign specific skills for dd to work on rather than just the typical grade order it does for students. I never figured out how to do that from my parent account. Until I figured out the coach thing I just looked up individual skills and pasted them into OneNote for her to check off as daily assignments. It was time consuming but it worked.

I recall doing this as well, a couple of years ago, but I can't remember how to do it.  And it wasn't a perfect solution, lol.  I couldn't have geometry randomly inserted into the standard 5th grade mission, kwim?  

I'm a little surprised they haven't made this more accessible by now.