Menu

Could someone explain K12 math to me?

Melissa B

Why does K12 do Pre-algebra over two years? Do they use two Pre-algebra books or one book over two years? Why would it take two years to get through Pre-algebra?

I tried to look at the scope and sequence, but I would have to register first and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!

The K12 math program uses two books for the Pre-Alg. A and B courses. They are part of a series by Dolciani and others. They are called Pre-Alg. books, and that's what K12 calls the courses. Both books are very good. The courses are very good as well. I've enjoyed using them with my kids.

If you want to see the scope and sequence, go ahead and register. It has been my experience that K12 does not send out a lot of spam. If you're really interested in the courses, I am a K12 Star parent representative and could get you a temporary password to take a look at the content on the online school. Let me know via private e-mail.