Menu

Affordable and good online writing options?

We've used Bravewriter 3 times and are happy with it, but a $249 hit each time is tough.  (I prefer and can do monthly payments better).  We've also used WAH and it was okay, too.  But, DS needs a good course where he learns to write all the different types of essays/papers (persuasion, compare/contrast, etc...).  BW is good, but I guess I'm looking for a general essay/writing/composition course?  Nothing fancy, but effective and solid so he feels confident when he is assigned a compare/contrast essay or persuasive/position paper in college and not have to get tutoring or feel insecure about his knowledge and ability of what to do.  I've had DD14 in a great middle school co-op class for 2 years that used MCT and WriteShop 1&2 and she has soared and understands so much about grammar and how to write well.  (She had a great teacher, too.)  I'm thankful I've had that for her, but did not know about it for DS.  I would love to find that online.  :)  I need something that is online and a complete course (teaching and grading and feedback).  He is going to be a junior and I really want him to have a good overview before college.  He's had writing instruction, but I feel like it's been all over the place instead of thorough and progressive and understandable to transfer to life.  Does that make sense?  I've just learned about Classes By Beth+ and they have an essay class that looks like it might meet what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure.  Has anyone used CBB+?  Other options would be appreciated, too.  Is there an online course that uses MCT and WriteShop?  Thanks!

Both sound interesting. I'll be listening to see if anyone has experiences with them.

ETA: I just found this review which seems a bit mixed for So Verbose. Its looks like its very new and just getting things figured out. 

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/619968-has-anyone-used-so-verbose-english-program/

I couldn't find much on the Beth courses. Though what I saw from her sight looks good including other subjects as well.