Menu

Grammar for 4th grade?

momtofive

My rising 4th grader has done CLE for Language Arts for a few years now, and has done really well with it. I'd like to move her to something else next year, as she's requested something different, and I know she's ready for a change. I don't want her to lose ground, though. Would First Language Lessons 4 be a good next step? I'm thinking of moving her to JAG, when she's in 5th (then AG afterwards, or possibly WTM's new grammar when it's out).

Thoughts or advice? :D

My oldest is going to move away from cle la when he finishes these books too. We have both loved it, but I can NOT with the workbooks right now because the toddler is a paper-shredding menace.

So for fourth I'm thinking either fll4 or MP recitation.

Uhm. Or Harvey's. Or EIW? Or just do more Latin...

I haven't decided, and this isn't particularly helpful but hey! We're in the same boat.

Giving this a little bump, and also adding on a question. :D 

I'd love to hear from those who've used FLL4 and can tell me a little more about how they used it and how they liked it.  I'm curious if it's pretty repetitive, and whether or not it will present my dd with new concepts that she's not covered yet in CLE 3?  Based on the samples, I'm having a bit of trouble getting a feel for it.

Thanks! ;)

FLL 4 would be an appropriate level. Your biggest issue would be going from a book designed to be completed independently to one that is entirely mom-dependent. The student book has no instructions and can't be completed without the scripted teaching in the TM.

I'm leaning toward having my rising 4th do JAG. It's only 11 weeks long so we can go as slow as she needs.

FLL 4 would be an appropriate level. Your biggest issue would be going from a book designed to be completed independently to one that is entirely mom-dependent. The student book has no instructions and can't be completed without the scripted teaching in the TM.

I'm leaning toward having my rising 4th do JAG. It's only 11 weeks long so we can go as slow as she needs.

What is JAG?