Menu

Are there any less annoying low carb groups out there?

SparklyUnicorn

My goodness.  Mostly I like them for food/recipe ideas.  But some people in the groups I've tried are just....wow.  Stuff like I've only lost 8 pounds in two weeks what is wrong.  Or are bananas low carb.  Or if I just eat blocks of lard will I lose faster. 

Just freaking stop...give me your good recipes and stop with the dumb arse questions.  LOL

Maybe I'm just being a jerk.

Are there any less annoying low carb groups out there? 

No. No there aren't. It's because none of y'all are eating carbs and everyone's grumpy. ;) 

In the message board at Low Carb Friends there's a subforum "low carb recipe help and suggestions". That subforum is really just about the food and recipes, no drama. I stay away from the rest of the site.

I get a lot of recipes from Linda's Low Carb. I like how she just posts the recipe, a couple comments, and at the most one picture. I get very, very irritated with blogs with dozens of pictures an pages of inane chit chat before posting the recipe.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

But those have both been around a long time and I'm sure you're aware of them.

• Like 2

The I've only lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks people annoy me the most. They aren't actually upset, they are seeking congratulations without actually bragging. At least that it what I think most of them are doing.

See I don't know.  Sometimes people drop a lot at first and then it's ya know the typical AVERAGE of 1ish pounds per week, but they seem to be under the impression that the speed of the weight loss should continue.  It never does!  Not on any diet.

If they just said I lost 8 pounds!  Ppl would cheer.  But seriously they get all flustered if the speed of weight loss isn't break neck. 

See I don't know. Sometimes people drop a lot at first and then it's ya know the typical AVERAGE of 1ish pounds per week, but they seem to be under the impression that the speed of the weight loss should continue. It never does! Not on any diet.

If they just said I lost 8 pounds! Ppl would cheer. But seriously they get all flustered if the speed of weight loss isn't break neck.

It is a little of both.

Dh is a martial arts instructor and teaches cardio kickboxing classes. A lot of people come to the school with weightloss as one of their goals. I take the kickboxing class and talk a lot with the people about their struggles and successes. Certain people certainly have the misconception that weight loss should always be consistently fast like that. But there is a whole other set of personalities that want the positive attention without making it seem like bragging. So they put themselves and their efforts in a negative light so people will praise them with positive responses. It is odd.

• Like 1

I like Low Carb Friends too. The Atkins Diet Bulletin Board is also fantastic but they're very strict on adherence.

For recipes I think Diet Doctor really shines among the newer sites.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I'll check out Diet Doctor.

I signed up for something Atkins related, but I couldn't figure out where the bulletin board was. Or is that not related?

Not it.

I went to go find it and it either shut down or moved. Bummer! I'll have to find the new location.