Menu

After Hoffman Academy? Piano

StartingOver

Honestly, that's the point where a teacher would really start being an asset. Minus that, you could just get some piano teaching books and have the child work through them on their own. I'd be sure to include a theory book, sight reading, and work on pieces to mastery.

There are also some other online lessons options I've seen, but I don't know anything about them. Sorry I can't be more help. I do know that Mr. Hoffman is working on intermediate lessons now, so maybe some of those will be up in time for you?

• Like 1

Honestly, that's the point where a teacher would really start being an asset. Minus that, you could just get some piano teaching books and have the child work through them on their own. I'd be sure to include a theory book, sight reading, and work on pieces to mastery.

There are also some other online lessons options I've seen, but I don't know anything about them. Sorry I can't be more help. I do know that Mr. Hoffman is working on intermediate lessons now, so maybe some of those will be up in time for you?

I didn't know he was working on more advanced stuff, awesome.

I didn't know he was working on more advanced stuff, awesome.

Yup. Here's an excerpt from a recent email for Kickstarter backers:

"We're also really excited to let you know that Unit 9 is coming out in conjunction with our 2.0 release. There are already two Unit 9 lessons posted, and the printable materials for these lessons are available on our website. We're going to try something new with Unit 9 and release one lesson a week until the unit is complete. Unit 9 is our first early-intermediate level unit, and will take your piano skills to all-new heights."

So it looks like they're planning to keep going for a while.

Edited by Meagan S
  • Like 1