Menu

Go through WWE2 quickly?

sea_mommy

I have a 4th grade going through WWE2.  I started him in WWE2 because we haven't done much previously and I was concerned that WWE3 would be a bit too challenging (I look it over beforehand).  Now I am worried that he's a bit behind.  Should I accelerate WW2 (we currently do 1 lesson a day) or is it best to keep plodding along to make sure that it doesn't go too fast for him?

If it feels like the right level and rate of progression for him, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But 2 lessons a day should be fine if he's not struggling (and you could just see how each day goes and sometimes do 1, sometimes 2). You could also accelerate by doing it more days (more days per week and/or continuing it over breaks). For my kids for whom it progressed a bit slow, we just did half of the lessons (by week, so weeks 1, 3, 5, etc.). That seemed to work for them, but they didn't need the level of incremental progression many do. We would also often do 2 "days" on the same day, but so we could do other things on other days, not more than 1 "week" per week.

• Like 2

My 3rd grader is doing two lessons a day of WWE3 right now, and it’s not too much of a stretch.  The dictation and copywork lessons don’t take too long anyway, so breaking it up so that you are doing one narration and one dictation/copywork shouldn’t burn him out.  My daughter also likes it because not as many days lapse between passages from the same story, so it’s still fresh in her mind when we read the second passage of each “weekâ€.

• Like 2