Menu

Customizing Amazon Freetime?

xixstar

Is it possible to limit what is available on Amazon Freetime on the kindle?

My kids each have one but I've noticed they mostly only find stuff of less than ideal quality to watch or play. I find the interface very challenging to work with because everything is so slow. I would love to remove more of the stuff and maybe leave things that are more worthwhile.

Other approach - what content and apps on Freetime seem good? Maybe I can just direct them otherwise.

Or maybe soon we'll just drop Freetime completely and try set up the regular Kindle for them to use and maybe that would be easier.

I was working through the same issue. They "allowed" videos/books/games I would rather they not watch/read/play and then did not allow apps I want them to be able to use (stop motion video maker for example). I found a way to add the apps I wanted, but no way to block the "free" stuff I did not want. So we will be cancelling.

Instead I am using the Kids Place app on their kindles. I can add any app and videos from you tube and I can assign a time limit. I need to explore it more and see if there is a way to add amazon prime videos.

I was working through the same issue. They "allowed" videos/books/games I would rather they not watch/read/play and then did not allow apps I want them to be able to use (stop motion video maker for example). I found a way to add the apps I wanted, but no way to block the "free" stuff I did not want. So we will be cancelling.

Instead I am using the Kids Place app on their kindles. I can add any app and videos from you tube and I can assign a time limit. I need to explore it more and see if there is a way to add amazon prime videos.

Thanks I will look into that app. We have more than a year left of Freetime that was included when we bought them but I don't think it's worth it at this point.