Menu

Sentence Composing by Killgallon with IEW

April in WA

Does anyone who uses the IEW program also use the Sentence Composing books by Killgallon? I have heard great things from people who use the Killgallon books. I am curious as to how you schedule the lessons if you use IEW.

Also, are all the Killgallon books non-consumable or is there a workbook you can buy also?

Blessings,

April in WA

I think that they have some good points about teaching good sentence construction, but I decided that I have plenty to cover with IEW in the co-op I teach so I never bought it. I think I may get it though to look at over the summer and use it as a resource next year.

Wish I could help you more!

Does anyone who uses the IEW program also use the Sentence Composing books by Killgallon? I have heard great things from people who use the Killgallon books. I am curious as to how you schedule the lessons if you use IEW.

Also, are all the Killgallon books non-consumable or is there a workbook you can buy also?

Blessings,

April in WA

I'm currently using the elementary book and Killigan recommends alternating his book with a standard writing program. I'm currently do that with VIE but I'm contemplating using the middle school book with IEW next year. I'd like to hear also if people have already combined the two.

This is what I have done ....after we cover a particular "dress-up" in IEW we do the exercises in the Killgallon book covering the same topic (ex: adverbial clauses and adjectival clauses) . It help the kids get the hang of the dress-up using complex sentences.