Menu

What do I need for BJU science?

lexi

If I were going to do it without DVDs what do I need? Student text and activity book? Do I need the teachers manual? I don't plan to use the tests.

What if I do use the DVDs? Would I need the teachers manual for that?

This is for the elementary level.

I'm trying to decide if I'll need the teachers manual to figure out the program.

I bought BJU science for grades 4 and 6 and this will be our first year using bju science. We will not be using the DVDs. I have the textbook, activity manual, tests and teacher manuals. I really debated about the teacher manuals and ended up getting them because so many people said the meat of the program is in there. Now that I have them, I could have gotten by without them just fine for these grade levels. They give you bits of science background and misconceptions along with extra activities and demonstrations (a lot of extra hands-on demonstrations at the 6th grade) There are a lot of discussion questions from the text. Mostly basic comprehension like "what are two ways plants produce seeds?" The teacher manual also comes with a cd that has more activities and the answers to the activity manual. At the bottom of every activity manual page, it gives the corresponding textbook pages. Overall, I am very impressed with the textbook and activity manual and can't wait to get started. However, I don't think I'll be using the teacher manual very much, but I could see how some people would really like it. I hope this helps a little.