Menu

Beautiful Feet Early American History (Primary or Intermediate)

ekorda

Hello!  I think I have decided on the above curriculum for my daughter's first year of HSing.  She would have been entering 4th grade if she was going to continue going to school...but due to her needing remediation for recently diagnosed dyslexia we decided to give homeschooling a try for this year.  I have spent countless hours researching various curriculums and in the end BFs history seemed to be the best fit for what I feel that she will need this year.  Since she technically fits into the Intermediate level, I was going to just go for that one...but then I began to wonder if the Primary one might be a better fit for her this year.  Our main focus will be the remediation of her dyslexia...second will be keeping up with math.  History and Science will be taking a "back burner" so to speak.  I plan on doing both but likely only 2 or 3 time a week for history and maybe one day for science. 

For those who are familiar with both Primary and Intermediate...which would you recommend for us this year?  Thanks!

Look at the books used for each program and choose based on that, and know that you can do all of the reading aloud to her. As far as difficulty...you can always adjust assignments, it is a very flexible program. Like pp said, intermediate will give more depth. We used primary this past year (1st and 3rd) my 3rd could have done intermediate if it was only her. Hth.

I've never looked at Intermediate but I am doing a condensed version of Primary with my K and 2nd grader and I think it is very easy and simple. I do the reading aloud as it is pretty quick but my 2nd grader could easily do it on her own as well (although she is a pretty good reader).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BrittanyM