Menu

First Grade Anatomy - Kingfisher vs. DK

klovaar

Hello! I am new to homeschooling and beginning the first grade with my son. The WTM recommends The Kingfisher First Human Body which I purchased used on Amazon last week, but as I was checking out the Peace Hill store first grade texts I saw that they sell The DK Anatomy book. Does anyone know the difference between the two? Should I get the DK book or would it be pretty much the same as The Kingfisher? Also, I'm wondering about the Usborne Internt-Linked Encyclopedia of World History which is now out of print. Is there a suggestion for replacing that text? I did buy The Kingfisher History Encyclopedia.

I don't know about the anatomy recommendation... either would probably be great. We used Usborne's Encyclopedia of the Human Body and the kids now read it for fun.

Speaking of Usborne, the World History encyclopedia is not out of print, but you can't buy it on Amazon new. Here it is: http://new.myubam.com/p/59/encyclopedia-of-world-history-il-cv-reduced-format

Usborne is a MLM sales company, so I try to buy from any number of my friends who are consultants.

• Like 1