Menu

First Start Reading (from MP)?

Sunshine89

Does anyone have any experience with First Start Reading from Memoria press? How does it compare to a program like All about Reading or Logic of English?

I am considering using Memoria Press for our children next year and the phonics they use in Kindergarten is First Start Reading along with a guide called Classical Phonics, Primary Phonics readers and a few others but I don't hear much about this curriculum... 

I'm looking for a curriculum for my soon to be 6 year old daughter who knows basic letter sounds but has not started any spelling or advanced phonics yet. She knows some sight words so she can read very simple books but it's slow... she also has little interest in learning to read... she is an active/distracted type of child. 

I LOVED FSR.

So did my son, who did it all the way through. lovelovelove

It's going to be very different from something like LOE Foundations, which is hitting phonics from more angles that FSR.

It was, however, enough for my "regular" reader (he has an older, more precocious sibling, for context).  He loved the expectability factor of the rhythm....he loved the drawing and coloring. And the reading was never so much that he got frustrated. He made steady, predictable progress with FSR.