Menu

College application essays -- how is it going?

quark

Are these 2017 graduates we are talking about, starting essays now?  OMG, am I behind?  I thought we worked on applications in the fall??

:willy_nilly:

Sorry if the thread made you feel like you are behind! I don't think you are and I didn't mean to make anyone feel that way.

Our reasons for starting early are similar to 8fill's. DS will be away to a summer program in 2 weeks. He will be there till mid August. A day after he returns, he starts his DE classes at the CC (he has 3 of those). Two weeks later, he starts another DE class at the university and an online AP course. About 2 weeks after each class begins, all the quizzes etc start and he will be so busy. I really don't want to see him stressed out about essays at that time, especially since writing (anything that is not of his prompting) is not a favorite activity. And on top of that he isn't like some kids here who might be ready to apply with a 1st or 2nd or 3rd draft. I think he will need at least 4 or 5 drafts (at the very least).

• Like 3