Menu

If you have used Romans Road Media, what type of internet connection did you use?

I'm 100% sure I want ds to take Old Western Culture-Greeks, but my last concern is the technical details regarding connection, streaming.  What type of connection did you use to connect to the recitation class and how well did it work?  Does it require really great fiber-optic, fast connection to work well?  RRM personnel doesn't have anything set up right now to test connection/speed, etc.  Thanks.

Hi Dianne, 

the connection required for streaming is basic broadband. So that rules out Dial-up, but anything better should work. 

This last year we had students from East to West coast, Abu Dhabi, Alaska, etc., with varying connections speeds, and while the video is not crystal clear 100% of the time, all students were able to participate just fine! 

In fact, Jim Nance taught from Hawaii this year while we were at a conference through tethering his laptop to his cell phone over LTE. 

Thankfully streaming technology has improved greatly over the last few years, and is getting better every day! 

Best, 

Daniel

• Like 1

Hi Dianne, 

the connection required for streaming is basic broadband. So that rules out Dial-up, but anything better should work. 

This last year we had students from East to West coast, Abu Dhabi, Alaska, etc., with varying connections speeds, and while the video is not crystal clear 100% of the time, all students were able to participate just fine! 

In fact, Jim Nance taught from Hawaii this year while we were at a conference through tethering his laptop to his cell phone over LTE. 

Thankfully streaming technology has improved greatly over the last few years, and is getting better every day! 

Best, 

Daniel

Hi, Daniel!  I think we talked the other day.  Thanks for your response!  I'm glad to hear that info because that's what we use.  :)