Menu

Elementary Geometry Supplements for Rod and Staff

Emba

I've decided to start my DD on Rod and Staff Math 5 for 5th grade.  It's likely that she will want to go back to public school for 6th, though, so I want to cover everything that public school would cover, and for that, the Rod and Staff Book is light on geometry (I printed out the state standards to compare).

I am looking for recommendations/ideas for supplementing.  So far I've come up with Math Mammoth or Kumon workbooks.

We've been doing Math Mammoth, and TBH, I'd rather try another program, though I won't rule it out entirely. Does anyone have experience with the Kumon workbooks?  Do they teach, or are they just worksheets?  What are the options out there that I haven't been able to find?

Edited by emba56

Also, I've been thinking about buying some Life of Fred books - not for geometry, just for extra ways of presenting the material.  Is it really necessary to start with Apples?  Because I don't want to buy more than a couple, and if I start with Apples I don't think we'll cover much (anything?) that would be new.