Menu

Aquinas Learning at Home

I am considering using Aquinas Learning at Home with my 11 and 9 year old for the coming school year. (I will also have a 4 and 1 year old at home and a 14 and 16 year old in a brick and mortar Catholic high school.)

There are no Aquinas Learning Centers anywhere near me so I would be using the curriculum without the support of a group. Does anyone have experience using AL at Home? Any tips? Things you really liked or did not like about the materials/methodology?

I have been homeschooling since 2005. I tend to rethink my whole plan every year about this time and try to find the resources that will best fit my circumstances each year. Most of the seasoned homeschool moms I know tell me to stop doing that and just stick with something. It sounds like a good idea but it never happens that way for me. AL seems like a good fit for next year bc the two oldest will be away at school, and the two youngest won't need any formal schooling. With AL I think I can keep the 9 and 11 yo together on everything except math.

I would really appreciate any thoughts/insights experienced AL users might have to offer.

Thank you!