Menu

Traffic question

skimomma

Yes. A million times yes.

The companies paying the truckers will simply have to find another way to transport those goods.

You cannot take up the oncoming lane with no sight of oncoming traffic. Full stop.

If this prevents families from getting food, then the municipality and state need to get their stuff together and improve the road.

Just to be very clear (because I'm thinking maybe I wasn't in the OP), the trucks are taking up both lanes of traffic going in the same direction....not oncoming traffic!  

If someone dies it might be. They need to re-do the highway elsewhere or simply transport lettuce via train.

Well.....

I said I wouldn't go into too much detail because it really is insane but....  No trains.  We have no tracks.  Nearest trains are at least four hours away and in a different state.  And the road in question is on an island that is only attached to the mainland by a single bridge with a single road.....the road in question.  I wish I were kidding.  There is absolutely no way for me, as a car driver, to avoid this stretch of road and there is no way for the trucks to either.  The only ways to make it safer would be for the state to make it single lane or to restrict the size of trucks allowed.  The former is the easiest IMO.  The logging industry is not going to allow the latter.  The only other way I see to really fix this issue is to actually tear down the (historic) downtown of the town the road goes through and rebuild the road.

But all of that really is moot.  The situation is the situation and you all helped me win the friendly dispute:) 

• Like 1