Menu

Derek Owens Physical Science.....used???

I don't know if this will be useful for you, but this is a thread I started when I heard he was discontinuing the discs. In it, he does offer a slightly cheaper way to take the class.

I do own the class on thumb drive, but I need it for ds2.  Otherwise I would gladly sell it.  I've kept it the student book in great condition. That is the difficult part. The book is consumable and you don't get a blank copy on the disc or the drive. So, to buy a new one was about 40$ IRRC. I needed to reuse the book so I made a copy for ds1. Now that I have done it once, I would make copies anyway in case the student needed to repeat a section etc.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/558040-do-physical-science-stand-alone-course-being-discountinued/?hl=derek+owens&do=findComment&comment=6485679

Thanks, Redsquirrel. I wish I had bought this when it was still available.

Do you have any idea if the workbook can still be printed?

I don't know anything about it.  The replacement was available from...curclick? I am not sure. I only looked at it once, long enough to ascertain the price.

The workbooks are available from lulu.com. I own the course on flashdrive, and no I'm not selling.

If you have a motivated student, then you can do what I'm doing with one of mine - he doing DO physics at double time with me paying half-price and doing all the grading, support, etc. This makes it where I'm not paying for nine months, but much less.