Menu

PH Science Explorer Techer Express CD-rom?

Natalija

Does anyone use this? What do you think?

It is very $$$$ but I was told that it contains workbook answers for all 16 SE books, which is what I really need. I don't want to have to go through the books to find the answers.

I am confused as there are several I have found online with different ISBN's. I want to try to find one used.

I need to call PH again and ask if all the workbooks are on there too. Anyone know? What else is on there?

Thanks! :-)

Ah! So that's where the workbook answers can be found! I have the TM for one of the books and was suprised they weren't in there; I found the TM not all that helpful for us. I love the Lab Zone CD, but haven't seen the TE CD. I'm just flagging this thread for myself so I can read what others say. :)

That said, I don't have any trouble finding the answers for the workbook questions in the texts.

I have the Teacher Express CD -- it contains printable workbook pages and answers for all 16 books, full digital version of all 16 textbooks, all the active-art images, chapter tests, labs, and more.

It has scheduling software like I've never seen -- you enter how many minutes, it helps you work out how long to discuss each point, how to determine what to include (you can't include it all!). I don't see how this would be super beneficial to a homeschooler, but it's cool. :)

It has a test generator. You tell it how many of each type of question you want to include, it creates the test and answer sheet.

I purchased this twice through Amazon Marketplace -- the first one turned out to be a 2-CD Demo version (not usable!), which the seller let me return and refunded my money. The second time I purchased a 4-CD set, and it was the real deal, still factory sealed. The ISBN on this one is 0-13-181274-2.

There is one CD for each group of texts (Life/Physical/Earth) plus an installation disk. It works on Win or Mac. It is definitely worth the $50-80 most seem to charge at Amazon, but I don't think I could justify the $400 they charge directly from PH.