Menu

What after NEM or DM 4

They're out of print, so you'll have to get them used or go with a more modern series from sgbox.

If you want to do AOPS afterwards, intermediate algebra and then precalculus would probably be an appropriate placement, or you can do the college mathematics (A level) which covers the remaining bits of a standard precalculus and a lot of calculus. 

sgbox again.  http://www.sgbox.com/gceamath.html

Any A level coursebook from the UK ought to be a reasonable followup as well and possibly easier to find.

Note that the sgbox books cover the pure mathematics component. It is common to include mechanics and/or statistics and/or discrete mathematics as part of an A level curriculum in the UK, and those would be covered in separate books. In the US mechanics would be part of physics and the others would be separate courses, optional courses. I have no idea what Belgium does. By the time your student is preparing for university it might be wise to investigate the local curriculum as well so that you can ensure that s/he will be well prepared. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply . You really helped me out. My DS is still very young but I wanted to know what would be the best curriculum for him. He is now using Singapore Math but he is really flying through it. He also loves Math and Science a lot. I was thinking of AoPs later on but it would be to time consuming for him because he is also following the Belgium Curriculum .

I feel that New Syllabus Mathematics would fit him better . But I was concerned what to do after NSM and New Additional Mathematics . ( NEM 4 level) I was hoping for a curriculum going from grade 7 until 12. For now I think College Math would be the right following up . If that would be to much we will only follow the Belgium curriculum for grade 11 and 12. 

He is advanced in Maths and Reading but in Belgium there is not a Math curriculum for gifted kids.