Menu

Will Latin Alive! have more books? and a few more questions.

Quiver0f10

Or is it only meant as a one year study before moving on to a more advanced program? If you are using LA, how is it going so far? Also, would you choose LA for grades 5, 7 and 8 or LFC? I'd like to keep them together.

I have LiCT but I am thinking of waiting for high school to use this with them. My 10th grader is using it and doing well.

Latin Alive! is designed as a 3 book series that will cover ALL Latin grammar. Book 2 will be out in Summer 2009. You would not need to move on to another grammar series when finished. I like to think of it as a kinder, gentler Wheelock, more appropriate for younger students. It is a comprehensive grammar based program that will teach students to read original Latin Literature. The recommended age is 7th grade. I use it with 6th graders myself. I would hesitate to recommend this text for the average 5th grader. I do have colleauges, however, who are teaching LA Book 1 over 5th and 6th grades, taking two years to complete one book. This seems to be working well for them.

Karen Moore

author