Menu

sugaring?

Cottonwood

A friend was briefly describing how this is better than waxing. I'm going to Google at some point, but I'm wondering if you can do this as well at home? She's convinced you can't do the same thing as well at home but I'm too much of a diy'er to not try. I've seen a few home recipes to make the sugar...? Or is she right...do I need to go to a salon for it?

My friend said that when waxing the way hair is yanked against the grain makes a lot of hair break off instead of coming out by the root. Whatever the technique is for Sugaring is supposed to pull it out by the root which will eventually make it permanent. That's what I understood from her quick explanation.

Hoping some can chine in if they know the specifics. She also said irritation is usually not a problem this way.

My friend sugars at home and yes it does eventually lessen/stop hair growth. But I can't do sugar or wax as my skin is too sensitive. I do know she told me you have to let the hair grow out a bit so it can "get a good grip"?? But that might be the same with waxing?