Menu

A-G and social time with introverted girls

I have two girls entering hs school soon and I THINK I will be doing A-g courses with them but they are very introverted girls socially. In fact been diagnosed with severe social anxiety. Hence that is why we have been homeschooling. Anyways, this year has been the worse for them socially. I see their pain when they meet new people or have to talk to other adults/teens. They are fine with younger kids. I was hoping homeschooling would have helped them and it seemed to at first. But not this past year. Anyways we are part of a homeschooling group with about 60 kids but my kids are the oldest of the kids and they really dont want to check out another group that have older kids. So we will stick out with this group and hope that older kids join eventually. Anyways, I want them to do more outings with this group and perhaps join a homeschool based 4H but that requires more free time and I am finding as they get older that they need more and more time on school work. How do you all balance the expectation of hs work and social life? Plus activities of younger siblings as well.