Menu

math definitions that are easy to remember?

We've found that the grammar definitions memorized and repeated in FLL and the phonics rule cards constantly reviewed in AAS work well for us, to aid in remembering concepts.  

I appreciate it that I can say, a verb is a word that _____________ or c says /s/ before __________ and the kids can instantly respond.  It's such a helpful strategy for them to use in remembering what they need to know and also as a prompt from me when I'm teaching or tutoring.  

Does anyone know of something similar already in existence for math definitions?

I'm looking for good definitions--perimeter is the distance __________

It's not that I couldn't sit down and think of all the  necessary definitions and names of specific ways we talk about math (divisor, quotient, dividend...addends and sum etc.)  I just thought I would check to see if anyone had recommendations on where to look.   

Yesterday I discovered that aliens had sucked out all organized information pertaining to perimeter from my children's brains.  In my teacher's perspective, I feel like I've taught and taught and taught and taught this concept over the past 5  years.  But they were still struggling to come up with a coherent way to explain the concept.  Thus, I think we need some standardized and oft repeated definitions.  :)