Menu

Write Shop E

kolamum

Couple of Quick Questions..

My eldest student has been using WWS & enjoying it, but my younger student {11} has only used WWE. He's not ready for WWS, I'd like him to get some writing skills under his belt, however. I'm looking at WriteShop. But I'm not decided.. 

If you use it, how long are the lessons?

How involved is the parental side of things?

I have not seen or used Write Shop E.  I do have Write Shop D on my shelf and the programs are very similar between the 2.  We didn't make it very far in D before giving up.  It just wasn't a great fit for my DD.  It does include quite a bit of games and hands on, which is why I thought it would work well for us, but the actual writing instruction took too many leaps for us here.  It may work for you.

The lessons were a bit longer...about 30 minutes and VERY teacher intense.  This isn't something you can just hand your kids or read brief instructions and do.  It is very teacher dependent.

I know quite a few people are using CAP W&R to fill the gap between WWE and WWS.  Either that or something like Wordsmith Apprentice or Jump In might work.

Thanks Ladies,

SixPence, the teacher intense is what I was worried about as I'm trying to foster in them the ability to work independently. I did go & look at W&R & am thinking of starting him with Book 1. We'll use the samples & see how it goes. It looks fantastic to be honest! :)