Menu

Reviews of Elemental Sassafras Anatomy, please.

j_thurm

We are only a few weeks in, but we are using Sassafras Anatomy and used the Zoology last year.  We use the lab books, the teacher's guide and the story/textbook.  Until you mentioned it and I went to look, I wasn't even aware there was a kit offered. 

The experiments in the guide are all completely optional and described in the teacher's guide.  We only did a couple from the zoology and had a good year, but then we aren't a family that is in love with science labs.  We did do a lot of the extra reading books, geography work and filled out the logbook.  That is what we plan for anatomy also, and we are doing the larger project of glueing in the anatomy systems on the body outline described in the teacher's book. 

Got out my guide and note that it is mentioned the dissection and microscope activities are optional and suggested for older students.  For the microscope stuff, the author notes links are provided to just view the slides online for those who don't have a microscope.