Menu

Anyone used Horizons for Threes?

SophiaH

Okay, so I'm usually the naysayer when it comes to organized, boxed curricula for littles, as in, I tried MFW K about 7 years ago, and that lasted for all of about 5 weeks. Yet, here I am looking at Horizons for Threes for my 3.5yo. Maybe it's just me doing some wishful thinking that it would be nice to have a few minutes to work all at the table together so I don't have to wonder if he's sticking his finger into a plug or standing on top of the countertops... :D

But anyway...anyone have any thoughts on this program?  :001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I only bought the workbook. So far my son (3 yr) enjoys it. It is a lot of cutting. I am with you, I don't like the all in the one curriculum. I was excited when I saw I could get the workbook for $6 at my local homeschool store. We also work on his letter names, colors, shapes, and pre-writing with school zone Big Preschool Activity Workbook. It is a lot of mazes, tracing shapes, and connect the dots. He just thinks it is fun.

I used it last year.  My daughter loved it. She really wanted to do school like her big sister and this book made it easy for me.   I didn't use the teacher's guide at all.  I used the workbook and the Bible story book.  I added it to All About Reading's Pre-Reading program.  We also did several Kumon books.  My daughter loved doing all the different activities and would often beg for more.

Suzanne