Menu

Stress related back pain...anyone have this?

When I get stressed I have back pain that is located between my shoulder blades and can feel it through my chest.

I have been to the Dr. about it and she gave me some papers with stretching exercises to relieve it. I have no idea were I put those papers.

Anyone have this?

If so what do you do?

When I get this feeling it is usually related to my stomach as in acid reflux. It took me a long time to figure it out because it doesn't feel like stomach pain at all but when I take OTC acid relievers like Tagamet or Zantac it goes away. Not sure if this is your problem or not but just thought I'd share my experience. Hipe you find some relief.

Yes, yes, yes! The first time it happened, I thought I was dying of a heart attack (at 25). I've thrown up from the pain and I've even passed out from the pain.

Two things:

1. Stretching: get on your knees with your arms stretched all the way out in front of you and your forehead on the floor. Stay like that. It's the only comfortable position (and I use the word comfortable in a relative way)

2. Limit your caffeine intake. I've noticed that caffeine aggravates it. If I have a third cup of coffee or if I have two colas in the same day as two cups of coffee, I'm just asking for a flare-up.

Yes, yes, yes! The first time it happened, I thought I was dying of a heart attack (at 25). I've thrown up from the pain and I've even passed out from the pain.

Two things:

1. Stretching: get on your knees with your arms stretched all the way out in front of you and your forehead on the floor. Stay like that. It's the only comfortable position (and I use the word comfortable in a relative way)

2. Limit your caffeine intake. I've noticed that caffeine aggravates it. If I have a third cup of coffee or if I have two colas in the same day as two cups of coffee, I'm just asking for a flare-up.

What you have described is when I feel a knot about the size of a lemon in my back. That's when I went to the doctor and they said it was stress related.

I will definitely try the stretching!

I watch my caffeine, due to fibroid cyst.

I can tell when I have had caffeine..those flare up really bad!

Thanks!

When I get stressed I have back pain that is located between my shoulder blades and can feel it through my chest.

I have been to the Dr. about it and she gave me some papers with stretching exercises to relieve it. I have no idea were I put those papers.

Anyone have this?

If so what do you do?

I do!

I have Tammilee Webb's stretching video, "Total Stretch for Beginners". Would seriously recommend you look into getting that.

The cat stretch (make sure to keep you shoulders down - not by your ears).

Pull your R arm across your body (keep your shoulds down) using your left arm hooked over it to pull it gently -- look over R shoulder (change sides).

chest stretch (easiest for me is either sitting and push up your chest -- arms behind you on the floor) or standing and clasp hands behind back and lift up.

I REALLY recommend the video!

I've noticed that I initially recognize this tension between my shoulders; however, if I just work on stretching that area it seems to. . . move (like an itch on your back). The stretches, there are 3 segments, are only ~ 10 minutes each segment. You only have to do 1 segment to get an overall stretch.