Menu

Favourite issues of The Arrow?

MelanieM

I thought the ones done this past year were great. They had more detail than previous years and seem to incorporate more grammar skills into them. My son especially enjoyed The Dreamer, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs Basil E. Frankweiler. From the year before that he loved Prairie Thief, James and the Giant Peach, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions! Last year's aren't available yet for individual purchase, but I did email Julie and she said they'll be up in the next week or so. Yay! I've received several recommendations now for Chitty Chitty and Mixed Up Files, so I'll be purchasing both of those for sure. In the meantime, I got Nim's Island, Pippi Longstocking, Cricket in Times Square, Phantom Tollbooth, and How to Train Your Dragon in a great deal from HSBC. The first four were all recommended by several people on the Brave Writer facebook group. I also have James and the Giant Peach, which we're just starting on this week. :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...