Menu

Do you have a family meeting before school begins?

We are starting school Monday. My special needs 10yo started public school in a class for mentally disabled children last Jan. We went to his open house today to meet his teacher, get his class list & bus schedule, check out the classroom etc. It was sooo much fun! We were smiling and giggling all the way home with excitement.

I want to do something like that with my homeschooled children. What could we do besides let them look through their curriculum, schedules and chore charts :). I want to motivate them and get them excited too!

I went to Walmart about a week ago and got them each some special school supplies (horse stuff for her, pirate stuff for him, sketch pads and journals for each of them, etc). They were allowed to look through the stuff, but are excited for school to start because that is when they're allowed to use their new things. I'm sure fancy pencils and things won't work the same for older kids, but that's what we are doing.

We will be doing this the first day of school. I plan to take them out for breakfast and present them with their new, cool school supplies. We will review schedules, routines, and expectations. They will get to wear their new ootfits chosen especially for that day. We are all looking forward to it.

We will be doing this the first day of school. I plan to take them out for breakfast and present them with their new, cool school supplies. We will review schedules, routines, and expectations. They will get to wear their new ootfits chosen especially for that day. We are all looking forward to it.

Too cool! I'd like to be in your school on the first day!:grouphug: