Menu

favorite online book lending library?

I know this question has been asked before, but I didn't know if there are any new notable additions to the list.

I currently have the Free Library of Philadelphia as our online library, but they recently changed their lending policy and you can only check out 6 books instead of 10 at a time.  I have 4 kids and 6 books is a challenge sometimes.  

We are overseas, so this is the only way we can check out free books. (well, somewhat free--compared to buying them on amazon)  

I probably can use a friend's card from the States, but they only allow 3 at a time checked out.  if I wanted an out of state card of my own, it would cost $90!  I don't think so.  I don't mind paying a fee for a library, but it had better be a good one, and allow for more than 3 books at a time.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks

K

• 4 weeks later...

World library is cheap, and looks interesting, thanks!

I also came across the Brooklyn Library.  They let you check out 15 books and they have about a third more titles to choose from.  And it is the same price as Philly.  They don't have the e-magazines, but I think I can ask a friend to use their account for that.

K